Vertical blinds are a classic choice for many homeowners in and around Toronto. But before you buy, it is important to understand what they are all about. This way you can make a more informed purchase.
There are many high-profile brands like Hunter Douglas that make high-quality window blinds. But before making your investment, take a look at what you need to know about vertical blinds in Toronto.
Let’s get started.
How to Make an Informed Purchase of Vertical Blinds in Toronto
Let’s explore vertical blinds so you can make an informed purchase.
1. What Are the Types of Vertical Blinds?
Each window blind is unique, including vertical blinds.
Vertical blinds are classic and easily recognizable for their slats that drop down vertically from the headrail.
Hunter Douglas vertical blinds with chains and cords are most commonly seen in homes and offices. Of course, there are many types of vertical blinds available, such as cordless and sheer.
Both cordless and motorized options are best if you have children or pets, as they reduce the chances of strangulation and ensure a good night’s rest. Sheer and decorative blinds are perfect for allowing in light while maintaining privacy.
If you are confused as to which to choose, speak with our experts. They will help you pick the style that best suits your needs.
2. What Type of Materials Are Available?
The materials from which your window blinds are composed play a key role in setting the aesthetics for your space. In the past most blinds were plastic. Now there are different materials from which to choose.
For instance, if you are looking for affordable window blinds, vinyl is the best choice. They come in a wide variety of colours and are a great way to add privacy to your home without breaking the bank. These blinds are also hygienic and easy to clean as well as practical and stylish.
Aluminum blinds are a little uncommon but are perfect for high-traffic areas. They have a protective coating that makes them resistant to dust and debris buildup. Plus, they are available in a wide variety of colours and dimensions, so no one will be able to guess they are metal.
Last but not least come fabric blinds. While custom draperies can perfectly finish a room, fabric blinds offer the next best solution. If you love endless design options, these blinds are appropriate but will require regular maintenance.
3. What Are the Advantages of Vertical Blinds?
Vertical blinds are perfect for large windows and sliding doors. But are they the right choice for your space? Let’s have a look at some benefits of installing vertical blinds in your home or office.
- Affordable: When selecting window blinds for your home, you will find that vertical blinds offer lower price points. Hunter Douglas offers vertical blinds that are both high in quality and low on price.
- Versatile: Vertical blinds can not only be pushed to the side of your door or window but the pane can also be accessed with ease. This allows you to control how much light you want.
- Low maintenance: Besides models in fabric, vertical blinds do not collect as much dust as other options and are easier to clean.
- Privacy: Vertical blinds cover the length of your entire doorway or window, thus giving better privacy.
4. Where Are They Best Installed?
Do you love vertical blinds but aren’t sure if they’ll suit your space? Fortunately, they can be installed anywhere, if you have large windows.
- Office: Commercial spaces are perfect for vertical blinds. No more light reflecting off your computer screen; you can easily block it using vertical blinds. Plus they are a great way to maintain privacy.
- Sliding Doors: With vertical blinds, you can easily move them in the right position when not using them. That way, you don’t have to worry about them each time you open the door.
- Bedrooms: If you have large windows, vertical blinds are ideal. Drapes and custom blinds, though stunning, can be more expensive. Vertical blinds offer a cost-effective solution.
- Anywhere With Large Windows: Since vertical blinds are so versatile, they can be installed anywhere with large windows. This includes kitchen and dining room living spaces.
Vertical window blinds are a great addition to your Toronto-area space. They are an economical way to add privacy to any area in your home or office. It is always good to understand what your blinds offer before investing. There are plenty of types of vertical blinds, so you can always show your creative side. Get in touch with us to get your hands on high-quality vertical blinds for your next project.