Windows are essential to your home as they allow in light and air. If you have a plan to revamp your home’s interior, you should also upgrade your window treatments as outdated ones may affect its overall appearance. Plantation shutters are one of the most widely used window treatments. Their many benefits make them a favourite among homeowners. This blog post outlines the key reasons to install plantation shutters in your home.
Reasons to Add Plantation Shutters to Your Home Interior
- Versatility: Plantation shutters come in a wide range of shapes, patterns and colours. The most popular styles, such as full window coverings, half window coverings, solid panels and bifold panels, let you open them as wide as you want. For sliding glass doors and closets, use the bifold plantation shutters, while moisture-resistant vinyl shutters are ideal for bathroom and garage windows.
- Visual appeal: Plantation shutters can be added to interiors and exteriors of bedrooms, bathrooms and hallways. To give a traditional touch to your entrance, install wood shutters as they complement almost any type of home décor. Plantation shutters also make rooms look spacious and airy. You can use the whole open wall space to accentuate beautiful paintings or portraits.
- Increased home value: As plantation shutters are excellent permanent additions, they increase your property’s value, making it more likely you will get at least the price you paid when you sell. If you opt for a home equity loan, the higher price of your property will convert into additional value.
- Top-notch materials: From pure wood to aluminium, plantation shutters are made from a variety of fine materials. Although plantation shutters resemble wood, they cost less. Consider the decorating theme and tone of wood you want throughout your home. Paint or stain your shutters according for an excellent shining finish. Do you live in a rainy location? Apply special coatings on finished window dressings to combat warping, peeling and flaking.
- Durability: As plantation shutters are made from robust and durable materials, they do not peel or lose their colour quickly. So, you do not need to worry about their fading due to sunlight. You only need to install shutters once as they are never out of fashion and rarely get damaged. If they do suffer damage or you decide you want a new look, there is no need to mount a replacement as new blades can be installed easily and as required.
- Light and privacy control: Once you install plantation shutters, you can control the amount of sunlight entering your home. Because of this you can keep sunlight away from your flooring, carpets and favourite furniture to increase their life expectancy. Plantation shutters have thick blades that give you total privacy and block out sound when closed.
- Easy cleaning and maintenance: Unlike draperies or curtains, you do not need to wash and rehang plantation shutters often. Cleaning and maintaining them requires little time or effort and saves money. Just use a damp cloth to wipe the shutter blades and dust-trapping handwipes for light dusting. They are also entirely cordless and mounted on their edges.
- Added home security: Besides beauty, plantation shutters also add security to your home. To stay safe from trespassers, install a lock on your shutters. Doing so should also make you eligible for a discount on your homeowner’s insurance. By installing plantation shutters, you can give your family an added layer of safety and security.
- Reduced energy bills: If you want to decorate your windows and save on energy bills, install plantation shutters. Snug-fitting shutters keep out sunlight in summer and cold weather in winter, so you can enjoy pleasant temperatures throughout the seasons. Using fans and air conditioning less also saves on your electricity bill.
- Cost-effective upgrade: Plantation shutters are an affordable way to enhance your windows and living spaces. As they are made from highly durable materials, you do not need to spend a lot to keep them in good shape. Customized plantation shutters fit perfectly into any window frame, and you do not need to invest in drawstrings or curtain rods to fill up wall space. Plantation shutters offer the best value for money and transform your home beautifully.
Plantation shutters give your home a wonderful makeover inside and out. They go well with almost any interior, are easy to clean and last a long time. The above-mentioned points show how they can be an outstanding addition to any home. The best thing is that enjoying the benefits of plantation shutters is affordable. Are you interested in investing in a window treatment? Plantation shutters make a great choice.